Yay, 2007 has ended and behold, 2008 is upon us!
This year has turned out to be slightly much better than the previous years I’ve had, which I am thankful for. After a poor 2005 and a horrid 2006, I am glad that this year has more positive and memorable moments for me, which at times, I feel I didn’t deserve. But God was smiling down on me this year, so, I have no complains at all.
I’m not going to bother to list down and comment on every momentous event (both good and horrible) that happened this year, instead, I’ll just briefly sum them up.
Let’s see now…
- Went down to Singapore twice this year, one in June/July for Christina Aguilera’s concert and the other at the end of August/early September for the Heroes World Tour.
- Attended two live English concerts, major ones featuring really great performances from Christina Aguilera in Singapore and from Gwen Stefani at Bukit Jalil, KL, Malaysia. The Gwen Stefani concert is the best out of all the concerts held this year, in my opinion, because she was a great entertainer and singer!
- My online lifestyle magazine, KL Weekly, underwent a revamp and has come out better ad stronger with more exciting stuff lined up. Praise God it has been a fruitful year for me, my boss and the company!
- Met a lot of great and interesting people that have motivated me to improve and better myself. My favourite personality which I got to meet and chat with this year is a tie between actors Masi Oka and Greg Grunberg, both of whom I got to meet, chat and take photos with when both the stars were in Singapore for the Heroes World Tour.
- Managed to improve my financial situation this year, I’m happy to say that I have more money in my bank accounts this year compared to when I started the new year in January.
- No accidents, no health crises, no deaths in my family, which I will always be eternally grateful to God for watching over me and my family.
- Went for a much needed personal vacation for the first time. Well, not so much a vacation since I had to work a bit as well, but still, it’s an all-expenses paid trip to Penang and I got to stay and review the poshest hotel in Penang – the G Hotel!
That’s about it, I guess. Yeah, not everything that I want to achieve this year has been achieved, but I can’t complain as I know there are many people out there who would love to be in my position and experience everything I had experienced this year. I am thankful for the mantra “Keep moving forward!” that was preached to us in the movie Meet the Robinsons, and I have taken that to heart. Sure, it’s good to learn from the past and our mistakes, but it is pointless to dwell, moan and grumble over them because what’s done in the past, is in the past. We should just pick up the pieces and gather up the courage to forge on ahead to improve ourselves and make sure that we don’t repeat the same mistakes again. We have to move on, we have to…yes, KEEP MOVING FORWARD!
With this, I can end the Year 2007 on a great note and look forward to another smashing good year ahead in 2008. I’ll talk about my hopes for 2008 tomorrow as well as my resolutions and wishlist.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!! LET’S MAKE 2008 THE BEST YEAR IN OUR LIVES EVER TOGETHER, YEAH? YEAH!!!