Bah! Knew Paradise Now won’t win
March 6, 2006 in Lights, Cameras & ACTION!!!
It’s very much like the Academy to shun awarding trophies to controversial films such as this one from the Palestinian Territories that glorifies suicide bombers. It’s not so much of politics but more of recognition of superb story-telling. But I guess its better to be safer than sorry.
The Best Foreign Film Language award instead, goes to a film called Tsotsi from South Africa.
Weblog Awards Recognition
The Keeper of Days
All Rights ReservedCopyright © 2005-2007 Philipp C.K. Gan @ The Eternal Wanderer E-mail - phil[dot]welcometomylife[at]gmail[dot]com
Blogger ProfileWriter, photographer, counsellor, struggling author, aspiring actor (! XD), blogger, and critic of everything from entertainment stuff to social and political matters as well as education and youth issues...It's all in a day's work for this 20-something-year-old Malaysian kid (yes, I'm still very much a 12 year old at heart! Go ahead and try and change me if you dare!) whose living an okay life (no complains so far!) amid the hustle and bustle of life in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- 316,748 hits
Tops of the Lot
- 'Small Penis' Leads to Boy's Suicide
- Heal the World - Michael Jackson
- Bill Gates' 11 Rules of Life
- Sakasama No Chou - Jigoku Shoujo (Opening Theme) - Song Lyrics
- A List of 100 Goals to Achieve Before I Die
- Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country!
- Here's a couple of jokes to keep you awake laughing!
- I Not Stupid Too...another brilliant work from Neo
- Kepada Malaysia yang kusayangi...
Thus saidth these people…
penamcknight23405 on Another New Year…Another… Emery on ‘Small Penis’ Lead… 5432654765765b865 on ‘Small Penis’ Lead… john on ‘Small Penis’ Lead… Adolf on ‘Small Penis’ Lead…
Records of the Past