As of today, I am 28 years old. It has been 3 years since I first created this list of goals. Having made little achievement thus far, I figured a revision of this list is in order. It’s slightly similar to the old version but with a higher “achievability” rate. Again, it is based on the principles that Jack Canfield and other motivational speakers had said about making a list of goals/dreams/ambitions, but this time, I am putting “I will…” at the beginning of each sentence describing my goal and putting a deadline to achieve some of the goals. I’ll be checking back on this list often to remind myself of what I have set out to achieve and to further motivate me to carry on striving to meet my goals in life, no matter how small, trivial or insignificant it may be.
Thus, this is the revised list with some new ones included to make it truly my 100 Goals in life:
1. I will earn RM5,000p/mnth in salaried income by 30y.o. (2012)
2. I will earn cumulative passive income of between RM10,000 to RM15,000 p/mnth by 35y.o. (2017)
3. I will drive my very own Toyota Prius Hybrid by 2015.
4. I will sponsor more than 10 children through World Vision in my lifetime.
5. I will own 5 good properties by 45y.o (2027) = 2 landed, 2 condominiums and 1 commercial
6. I will earn a Master’s Degree by 35y.o. (2017) = either in Business, Creative Writing, or International Relations
7. I will visit 36 Malaysian Cities in 365 days and document it on film/journal/blog.
8. I will own a MacBook Pro
9. I will visit 7 places in Japan – Tokyo, Kyoto, Akihabara, Shinjuku, Hokkaido, Okinawa & Osaka
10. I will travel to Israel to visit all the holy places where Jesus walked.
11. I will visit Hollywood, LA and walk on Walk of Fame.
12. I will travel to Hong Kong to visit its famous Noah’s Ark and Tsim Tsa Tsui district.
13. I will travel through Russia on the Trans-Siberia train.
14. I will climb up to Mt. Kinabalu at least once in my lifetime.
15. I will walk on the Great Wall of China.
16. I will visit Seoul, Incheon and Jaeju Island of South Korea
17. I will wine and dine one day at a 3-star Michelin restaurant.
18. I will visit Hong Kong Disneyland.
19. I will visit Tokyo Disneyland.
20. I will visit Taiwan.
21. I will be a Genting Worldcard member.
22. I will become a lecturer in writing and communications subjects.
23. I will be proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator & Final Cut
24. I will get a HTC Desire.
25. I will get an Apple iPad.
26. I will get an Olympus E-P2.
27. I will attend the Consumer Electronics Show that is held annually in Las Vegas.
28. I will produce & publish my own photobooks.
29. I will write a complete novel.
30. I will publish a book/novel either my own or someone else’s.
31. I will visit the Stonehenge and the Loch Ness in Scotland.
32. I will own a nice beach house in Australia.
33. I will get an Olympus E-5.
34. I will get a Canon EOS 5D Mark II Kit (EF 24-105).
35. I will get a Canon SELPHY ES40
36. I will ride on the Eurostar train.
37.I will visit Amsterdam, Holland.
38. I will watch a live Chelsea football match at Stamford Bridge, UK.
39. I will visit Istanbul, Turkey.
40. I will go on a cruise ship vacation with all my sisters & their families with me paying for their expenses.
41. I will watch a live theatre production on UK’s West End.
42. I will go to New York to watch a live Broadway musical.
43. I will visit the Grand Canyon at Yellowstone National Park in the US.
44. I will experience riding on a helicopter.
45. I will experience flying in First Class of Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Qantas, Delta Airlines & Emirates.
46. I will visit Dubai, UAE.
47. I will learn to speak and read basic Mandarin
48. I will learn to speak and read basic Japanese.
49. I will learn to speak and read basic Korean
50. I want to go to Sarawak to live with the Penan people for a week and maintain a warm friendship with the people.
51. I will get a gun license and a membership at a shooting range.
52. I will pay pilgrimage to one of Malaysia’s holiest Christian sites in Bario, Sarawak
53. I will get a Canon Ixus 300 HS.
54. I will take up acting classes with The Actors Studio Academy
55. I will act in a stage play performed at The KL-PAC
56. I willI will memorise at least 500 Bible verses
57. I will visit 3 places in The Philippines – Manila, Cebu & Baguio.
58. I will memorise at least 500 Bible verses
59. I will visit 8 places in China – Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Xiamen, Yunnan, Guangzhou, Dalian & Qingtao.
60. I will set up my own charity organisation with a nursing home, orphanages & community centres.
61. I will visit the 12 Apostles rock formations in Australia.
62. I will be married to a beautiful wife who shares my dreams and ambitions and supports my business.
63. I will set up a small boutique hotel in Johor Bahru.
64. I will have close friendships with at least 100 people.
65. I will be at 21% (Executive Leaders Club) in 2 years time (Nov 2012) in my Amway business.
66. I will visit Thailand’s famous islands – Phuket, Koh Samui & Krabi.
67. I will hold my own solo photo exhibition at the National Art Gallery.
68. I will build my own 3 pipeline teams in 7 years time (Nov 2018) in my Amway business.
69. I will visit the Auschwitz World War II Memorial in Poland.
70. I will write a song that will be sung by a famous singer.
71. I will attend the annual San Diego Comic Convention.
72. I will own a Garmin GPS device.
73. I will attend a Hillsong Conference in Sydney, Australia.
74. I will get a Teaching English as a Second Language qualification.
75. I will learn to ride on a jet ski.
76. I will take up a gym membership to begin exercising regularly.
77. I will set up a mobile arts & literature transport that will bring literature to life for rural kids.
78. I will earn a Theology degree from Tung Ling Theological Seminary.
79. I will strive to be a positive thinker and an optimist always.
80. I will start to fast and pray for the first 21 days of every new year, beginning 2011.
81. I will successfully learn to ride a bicycle well.
82. I will visit Resorts World Sentosa in Singapore and spend at least 3 days there.
83. I will have at least three children of my own.
84. I will operate a successful online business via e-Bay & Lelong.com.my
85. I will obtain certification as a Master Trainer to be able to coach & train people.
86. I will be able to attend the Ubud Writers Festival 2012 in Bali.
87. I will visit Sao Paulo and Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
88. I will officially join DAP as a party member.
89. I will have a pet dog and a cat in 5 years time (Nov 2015).
90. I will be featured in magazines such as Prestige, Malaysia Tatler & August Man.
91. I will get a Datukship from one of the state royal family.
92. I will be a millionaire by the age of 50 (2032).
93. I will attend the Berlin & Venice International Film Festivals.
94. I will bungee jump off the Macau Tower in Macau.
95. I will start up my own media enterprise focusing on entertainment, lifestyle, sports, Christianity and social activism.
96. I will bring 500 people to salvation in Christ in my life = I have won 2 people so far.
97. I will become a much sought after international motivational speaker.
98. I will win a major photography prize by the age of 45.
99. I will win a major literary prize by the age of 50
100. I will live past the age of 80 and die as a happy, well-lived and well-loved man surrounded by friends and family.
Call me an idealist or whatever, but I know in my heart that I’ll definitely be able to chalk off at least 80%, if not all, of my goals on this list by the time I can mark off the last one. Here’s to my future endeavours and successes!